Ok, so i know last night i saw this rather huge spider right by a pile of conkers!! But i am pretty impressed with their powers. This is the only spider i have seen over the last few days. And to give the conkers the benefit of the doubt, the spider may have already been in the house and may have been sticking up for all the other spiders by facing up to the conkers:
So here are my conker tips:
- Give your house a good clean and dust to get rid of as many spiders already there. (I can't kill spiders, so i scoop them up on my feather duster and put them outside)
- Collect lots of conkers - i mean lots!!
- Put your conkers everywhere!! - On windowsills, in corners of rooms, outside doors and windows and any other entry points.
- Put at least 3 conkers in each space
- And if it fails at least your house will be decorated with Autumnal cheer!!!
I have heard that a spray called No more spiders is very good. I may try that next year.
If you try either idea, please let me know how you get on.
I thought i'd end with a few little purchases.
This gorgeous bottle was painted by a lovely little old lady at The Essex Country show.
'This is what i've been doing with our recycling' she said. It was only a pound and what she got all went to the charity DebRA.
I picked up a lovely free postcard from the lovely B & B we stayed in Rye. And a gorgeous cream tea postcard - talking of which, i had one today - yum!
I also picked up this little cutie in a antique shop in Tenderten. I had wanted one like this for a while and had actually seen a few but didn't like the faces. This one has a gorgeous face, i love it.
I hope you are all well?
Enjoy your weekend