Tuesday 24 February 2009

Todays 'happys'......

Things making me happy today are:

I love my dressing table (well not the table itself, i plan to buy a lovely one sometime this year) I have some of my most treasured things on it. Here in this corner you can see photos from my wedding day, one of the rabbits that i kept from a collection of about 100 that i had as a child, fairies, a lovely box that has allsorts of junk in and a beautiful little trinket box from a family friend. It has a dragonfly on top and reads 'The sun on the hill forgot to die, and the lilies revived and the dragonfly came back to dream on the river'. The cloth covering a horrible table is actually a white sheer sarong from Mauritus. (please ignore the cobwebs in the corner, we have a spider that i can't keep up with!!)
This candlestick is from a lovely antiques centre in Battlesbridge in Essex and the braclet around it was from Liberty's. This is in our living room and is probably our most used of all my candles.
Spotty dog!! Our family 'pet'. He always reminds me of my boy when he's at school, he loves him so.He is usually somewhere in the living room, today he has kept me company on my favourite chair.
I really loved getting my colours done. Today i am wearing navy and purple. I feel so much more alive since wearing colours that suit me. I really would recommend it.

I have spent about an hour reading your blog updates while the little one is napping with a big mug of hot chocolate, and some lovely chocolate finger things (Papadopoulos Caprice classic) from Waitrose (very nice, great with icecream, chocolate fondue or as a straw with hot choc!! yum). You all make me 'happy'. Thank you. x


9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Poppy said...

I love having my treasured things around me too!
I always feel happier when I’m wearing lots of colour…love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Hellooo

Love the outfit, those colours are great! Your candlestick is lovely.

Mel xxx

Shsjndkdns said...

I am rubbish with what colours suit me, I wear alot of grey in the winter, I much prefer summer as I wear more colourful things. I am a bit stuck in a rut at the moment with what to wear everyday. Need a makeover!

Charlotte said...

That's such a pretty photo of you - those colours are lovely, and I love the necklace too. I am going through a 'I hate all the clothes I own' phase, and yet am too broke to buy anything else... grr!
Love Charlotte
xxx

Emily said...

I tried to comment earlier but I think Blogger was having a little trouble. I love the navy and purple.

Deravelled Gem said...

Those colours look great against your skin tone!! I'm trying to decide what to do for my hen party, and maybe getting all the hens' colours done would be a good idea. :)

Gemma x x

Anastasia said...

its the little things that we have and enjoy make a difference! Hey Ive had my colours done too - it sure makes a difference and helps when shopping for new things!

vicki archer said...

It all looks good but especially the shortbread!, xv.