Monday 3 October 2011

Mmmmm cake....

I am really enjoying the time, now my youngest is at school. making cakes each week. Last week i made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and carrot cupcakes with orange buttercream.









 I can't think of a nicer place to store my buttercream icing:




 Not that all these cupcakes are really going to help me lose the stone i put on when i broke my foot!
So i have been making sure that i either make them with eggs for the boys (I don't eat egg). Or make them with egg replacer and give some to family, friends and school teachers so i don't stuff my face. The carrot cake cupcakes went down really really well, i will be making those again and i always use the basic vanilla cupcake recipe.

I saved myself one to have this morning. Do you like the lovely plate? My mum used to have plates over the wall. And then sold most of them in the  ' chuck out your chintz 90's'. I am so pleased i kept a few as i always use them now. This one was bought because it shares my name.




xx

4 comments:

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Hello Lisa

What a lovely post.
Love all things to do with baking and cooking...
Lucky you saved a couple of those lovely namesake plates
LOVE PEACE enJOY your baking days and eating a cupcake or two
Julie
x

P.S. Thank you soo much for your kind words x

Deborah said...

Your baking looks so tasty!! love the plate aswell so pretty :) have a great week.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Lisa said...

They all look delish. I like the plate too, good name!
Lisa x

♥ Miss Tea said...

Yummylicious! i've been trying to lose weight these months without luck coz i always crave to bake sweet cakes for my tea, awwww love the CK tupperware box and the Lovely plate! x susan