Wednesday 20 January 2010

Weightloss Wednesday


I have decided to join Weightloss Wednesday.
I would like to fit into the clothes i have in my wardrobe from about 2-3 years ago.
I think that means losing about a stone.
My main priority for joining though is to become fitter and healthier, and hopefully weekly posts may give me the kick up the bum that i need.

I've been trying to be good since New Year but its hard with all the treats left from Christmas.
They are all gone now, so anything i buy will be alot healthier.

Today i am going to talk about SNACKS:

I love snaking and have decided that there is no point buying boring tasteless snacks to satisfy me, as...well...they won't and i'll just end up reaching for fat/sugar ladden foods instead.

So here is my alternative healthier snacks that i actually know i will enjoy:

Instead of:     Salt and vinegar crisps
Go for:   Ryvita minis salt and vinegar flavour or Goodies crisps, i know they are for kids but they are yummy!!

Instead of:     White/milk chocolate
Go for:    75%-85% dark chocolate (i actually love dark choc, but if theres other choc there i'll stuff my face with it till i feel sick)

Instead of:    Biscuits


Other ideas:
Innocent smoothies - i love the pineapple, banana and coconut.
Panda all natural licorice.(the only type i like)
Grapes.
Tescos fairtrade hot chocolate.
Vegetable crisps.
Alpro soya yogurts.


I'll let you know how i get on.

Next week: Exercise

xx

14 comments:

Tinyholder said...

Good for you! Another good one is try corn-based baked crisps rather than fried potato crisps. for example, quavers, skips, wotsits.

Be careful with smoothies as they can be massively fattening, they are good to have in the morning though.

What I do is I buy those bags of frozen fruits (can get economy bags in Sainsbury's) and then I add them to porridge or 0% fat yoghurt.I have invested in a smoothie maker where the top is the cup and it comes off so you don't have to do 2 lots of washing up or any pouring.

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/smoothie-makers-smoothie-blenders.html

Andi's English Attic said...

Swimming. That's what did it for me. Went down a dress size. Had to stop my regular swim for one reason and another last April and have gone back up a dress size. You can still eat what you want (although your plan sounds good) but I found after a while of regular exersise I didn't WANT to eat sugar + stuff.
Plan to start my regular swim again soon. xx

Lululiz said...

Oh good on ya, girl. I wish I could be as determined, I certainly could do with losing weight. Keep us up to date with your progress!

periwinkle said...

good luck ,,, will look forward to your tips

roseylittlethings said...

great goals! Glad to have you joining us:) Have a great week~

MelMel said...

Good luck, I'm sure you will reach your goal, as you sound very positive!

I have a before picture on my fridge to help me.....:>))

xxx

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Good luck with your quest Lissy .... I'm tryin to do the same myself .... remember fridge pickers wear bigger knickers!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Glad you're joining us for WLW - it def helps me.

On the salt and vinegar snacks, the Snack a Jacks are a good alternative to crisps too!

Victoria xx

Thecraftytrundler said...

You are being good. Great idea to make a list of foods you like, that are healthy, and tasty. Christmas has a lot to answer for, doesn't it!!
Could you please take a look at my latest post? It's not fattening, I promise you!!

Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

good girl! Good luck with the snacking. i think the hardest part is getting back into exercising. But once you get into the habit ~ you're hooked! good luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new diet! Your alternatives are great. suzie xxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Good luck with the WLW!!! Can't wait to see how you get on!!
xxxx

Charlotte said...

Great post!

I think I might go over there and have a look at it... I would like to lost about half a stone and honestly feel a bit hopeless about it.

Love what you said about having the healthy snacks and then having the not so healthy ones TOO - that's me all over!

Love Charlotte
xxx

Esther said...

when I lost weight after my daughter was born I roughly followed eaight watchers and found that gherkins, celery sticks and carrots were a lifesaver. They are nice and crunchy and taste good :o) Pickeld onions and saurkraut were also faves but they are an aquired taste!