After reading the delightful magazine 'The simple things', it got me thinking about my own favourite simple things.
Here is my list. I'd love to see yours.
(Comment on this post, or blog about it)
- The cool side of the pillow.
- A bike ride.
- Bloomer bread with lots of real butter.
- A cup of tea in a quiet home once i've dropped the boys at school.
- Not watching the clock. (I never wear a watch)
- Sitting outside with friends and family on a warm evening.
- Long breakfasts on the weekend.
- Sitting by the window in my favourite comfy chair with a book or magazine.
- A long walk somewhere pretty.
- A candle lit bath.
- Watching an episode of Friends.
- Taking photos.
- Learning a new craft.
- Baking a cake.
- Cuddles on the sofa with my boys and hubby watching a film.
- A wander around a carboot sale/ charity shop/ antique shop by myself.
- A glass of water after exercise or being in the heat.
- Finding a nice spot, parking our bottoms on a bench or the grass and watching the world go by.
- The smell as you pass a fish and chip shop. (Probably better than actually eating them)
- Feeling the warmth of the sun stream through the window.
- Leaving jobs until they really need to be done (What's the rush?)
- A cosy dressing gown in winter (I can highly recommend the extremely soft Per Una ones from M&S)
- Picking up beautiful coloured autumn leaves, acorns and conkers (Collect tons of conkers and put them all over your house to deter spiders - it really works!! you do need lots though)
- Discovering beautiful buildings and churches.
- Lighting a candle and saying a prayer in a church.
- Popping bubble wrap.
- Browsing in a book shop or library.
- Playing pooh sticks.
- Listening to Jazz.
- Visiting a farmers Market.