The last 12 days:
- Buying yellow flowers for a touch of sunshine on a rainy day.
- Loving the little gifts that my brother in laws brought me back from Disneyworld.
- Eating sweet potato and butternut squash soup with yummy bread.
- Finally getting my haircut.
- Going in to town with my mum for a spot of browsing and lunch at a new cafe.
- Buying wool from the charity shop.
- Playing a game with my son and then having cuddles whilst watching Peppa Pig.
- A lovely catch up with a friend over lunch.
- Tea and buttery muffins for breakfast.
- re-living my youth with chocolate milk and sour nerds.
- Taking my boys to the new sweet shop in town.
- Spag bol and garic bread for dinner with my mum.
- Finding a carry along truck filled both sides with a total of 46 cars in a charity shop for 7.99!!!!
- Tea and disney biccies :)
- Filling in my 5 year diary.
- Fajitas with the friends - but then boring football on tele AND on the playstation - yawn!!!!
- Tea and cloud shaped toast.
- Meeting up with a whole load of IG ladies at the knit and stitch show at Alexandra palace.
- Bowling with my family - and wining!! ha ha!! - hmmmm not sure about my tights, socks and bowling shoes combo!
- Dinner at Pizza Express.
- Breakfast by the sea with my Dad.
- Roast with the inlaws.
- The yummiest crumble and clotted cream made by my Mother in law.
- Rain rain rain - always on a monday it seems.
- Starting to crochet myself a scarf.
- Not being able to resist buying a magazine on the food shop - even after chanting in my head ' i do not need another magazine.........'
- Making a yummy pizza from scratch.
- Crocheting whilst watching my son and his friend playing so nicely.
- Lovely post from Beki (We had a book swap)
- Lunch here with a friend.
- Breakfast with my hubbie by the sea before he went fishing. (He has had a few days off)
- Lunch with my mum here.
- Taking the boys to costa after school for a cake - my youngest spilt his apple juice all over me!!! good job i'm a lovely Mum aye?? accidents happen - all though they do happen alot with him hee hee!!! Walked back to the car with a soggy front and behind.
- A lovely lunch here with my hubbie - the food was incredible!!!!! (Hmmmm, eaten out a lot haven't i this last week or so - i can literally feel the fat adding to my thighs!!!!)
- Making spiced cauliflower and macaroni cheese for a nice meal with the boys and my husband:
For 4 people:
500g frozen cauliflower
100g diced onion
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp caraway seeds, 200g macaroni, 25g butter, 1 and half tbsp plain flour, 500ml semi skimmed milk, 125g extra strong grated cheddar.
Oven 230 c
Toss cauliflower in oil and the seeds, put in baking tray and roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile boil the macaroni and drain.
Heat butter and fry onion and garlic for 5 mins, stir in flour and add milk a splash at a time, stir and simmer for a few mins. Stir pasta in along with 2/3 cheese. Add the cauliflower and spoon into a dish - top with remaining cheese and bake for 10-15 mins - enjoy!!!!!!
- Remembering i needed to make cakes for a school bake sale. Thankfully having enough ingredients to whip some up.
- Trying a starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate - nice but a bit too much!!!
- Heading to Ikea with my man - buying shelves and some other lovely bits. I loved the craft set up they had.
- A little look round Lakeside - i bought a cute retro phone top and a lovely collar and some cheap wool to make some crochet daisies.
- When we returned i had lovely post of my liz earle cleanser (The new limited addition one sounds lovely) with a free sample.
Have a good weekend everyone. I better dash now and get myself ready for a girls night out!!