Friday 15 June 2012

Craft room



Apart from the bit of organizing i had done here. The craft room had pretty much been left and had become a bit of a junk room. Now the boys are back at school and i haven't got any fairs coming up for a while, i thought i should probably use the next 5 weeks to tackle it and other rooms i want to sort.


I started off tidying up my jumble of fabrics. These are kept in drawers in the dining room. My craft room is tiny, so there is no space for these:








The rest are kept in this pretty basket:




On to the craft room itself: This is how it looked on Tuesday morning:




By the end of the day it was much clearer and the shelves are now tidy. I have also completely re organised my writing desk and drawers in here too:





I can actually get to this desk now!!!!





Thursday morning i sorted out buttons and ribbons:






And sharpened pencils, organised the pens, scissors etc:






My label boxes - new, homemade and ones from things i have bought that i like to re cycle:




Odds and sods drawer:




Little bags, hearts and my handmade crafting pinny:




I added some extra piccies to the wall that make me smile:




My mum bought me this lovely new sewing box:





Another lovely tag to re use:





They is lots still to do, but i am getting there:

xx


Lovely things:

- Eating the yummiest chocolate chunk shortbread with my eldest.
- Instagram - obsessed!!!!!!! Join me there at LissyLou123
- Watching The only way is Marbs (loved it!!!) whilst packing up orders.


12 comments:

magie said...

What a lovely craft room :) Thanks for giving us a peak. I am envious of your fabric collection as well..so many nice pretty fabrics!

Enjoy the weekend..
Magie

Pom Pom said...

Well done! I think it's fun to sort through all the stuff! Now you'll be unstoppable! Have a happy weekend, LL!

LaaLaa said...

Gorgeous craft room! xx

Kandi said...

Congrats on tackling it all, it can get to the point where you open the door and then just shut it again and walk away. It looks like a right little treasure trove, I could spend hours just mooching though all your lovely fabric and buttons. x

Crafty in the Med said...

Hello LissyLou

That look soo tidy ...love to see all that fabric. What sewing machine do you use Lissy? I want to get myself one but I have no idea at all which one. I haven't sewn since school ...yikes!!!
I've been looking at an Alfa but wonder if it'll be too difficult for me

Amanda :-)

Country Rabbit said...

oh how lovely x your craft room looks so inspirational and its lovely having somewhere of your very own to create in. the windows in your house remind me of my childhood balcony doors with the detailed metal style handles...memories ;0)
Instragam is something new to me but ive noticed lots of bloggers using it. i will investigate, i dont even tweet...but im a good natter'r ;0)hehe. i do like pinterest but do not have one myself.

have a lovely weekend xxxx

Andi's English Attic said...

Very pretty room. The before pic looks like every room in my house! xx

Katie said...

It's always noce to have a "nose" around somebody elses craft room. I love your yummy new sewing box! xx

Deborah said...

Your room is looking beautiful, you have some gorgeous things in here :) I have the pink cake stand too, have a happy weekend sweetie

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

vintage grey said...

Your craft room looks beautiful! Love all your pretty fabrics, especially the fun Christmas ones! Wishing you a beautiful and creative weekend! xo Heather

Angela M - Garden Tea Cakes and Me said...

your craft room may have needed a little organising but who's rooms don't from time to time. But what an amazing craft room you have - fabulous!

Angela

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Looks lovely! Perfect place to hide yourself away and create your pretties.

Victoria xx