Tuesday 1 January 2013

KINDNESS




I don't make New years resolutions anymore. For the last few years i have chosen a word to live by instead. I started of in 2011 with Twinkle (A year to shine and have fun), Last year i chose Simple (A year to live simply)


To twinkle and to live simply are definitely worth carrying on every year.

This year i am choosing:


KINDNESS

Kindness is the act or the state of being kind, being marked by good and charitable behavior, pleasant disposition, and concern for others. It is known as a virtue, and recognized as a value in many cultures and religions. Research has shown that acts of kindness does not only benefit receivers of the kind act, but also the giver, as a result of the release of neurotransmitters responsible for feelings of contentment and relaxation when such acts are committed






Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. 
Princess Diana 





I have pinned a few ideas on my Things to do in 2013 pinterest board.




I always try to install kindness but this year i am really going to work on it.

I will be making various Random acts of Kindness
Setting up a Kindness Swap
Helping my children to show kindness
Looking for kindness in others



Follow me here and on Instagram to see my progress.

What is your word for the year?


Manners don't forget are kindnesses - you must always be kind. Audrey Hepburn learnt these wise words from her mother.

xx



11 comments:

magie said...

I love the idea of a word to live by every year. Kindness is a great one! I look forward to seeing what you have planned.. The kindness swap sounds like fun :)
Magie

thriftwood said...

What an inspiration you are! I'm going to try and be kind whilst twinkling simply too xxx that doesn't sound quite right but you get the gist! Xx

Linda said...

That is a very nice post. I makes you think and of course it dosn't take much either.

Lisa said...

Great choice of word.
When we left the bottles of bubbles for children to find just before Christmas it really did leave us with such a happy feeling.
I like the idea of the change on a vending machine.
Happy new year.
Lisa x

Lululiz said...

Happy New Year! What a lovely post, it has a real feel good factor.

moleymakes said...

What a wonderful sentiment. Choosing a word and living by it. Brilliant.

I read an interesting article on the BBC website about children who do random acts of kindness. It was quite interesting to read. Those that performed RAOK were much happier and were more popular and well thought of by their peers. Thus eliminating the threat of bullying.

I look forward to reading and seeing your progress throughout the year.

the linen cloud said...

What a lovely post ... random acts of kindness are so lovely ... looking forward to seeing how you get on and I will spreading kindness here too ... Bee xx

Crafty in the Med said...

What a lovely approach to New Year resolutions. Personally I never make any because I don't keep them....probably because I don't take them seriously. However this post makes you think. I think I could go with this summing it up in one word and focus on that. In fact I think its an excellent idea. Initially and in my circumstances I would say Tolerance is the word I should concentrate on this year. Great post Lissy!

keep well

Amanda :-)

Giveaway closes 6th January ....early evening.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Such a good idea!

Happy New Year,

Love Victoria xxx

Christals Creations said...

I love the idea of the drink and treat. One of my aims on my 101 things to do list was a RAK.
Look forward to hear about what you get up to.

Gem said...

I love it. Good luck with your new word, I can't wait to hear how you get on with it.
There aren't enough people in this world doing things like this, it's a shame but hopefully in time things will change. I once paid the toll charge for the car behind us, the woman at the toll kiosk seemed so confused by it all but as you have said in your post it made me feel great and hopefully the person behind too x x x x P.S Happy New Year x